Monday, February 25, 2008

Second set of pictures

Our poor little guy was born premature at 34 weeks and weighed only 4 lbs. 3 oz. When I discussed the referral video and pictures with our doctor at Cincinnati Children's Hospital, she noticed (and we did as well) that his left leg appeared to be hitched up the entire time. So, when we formally accepted the referral on the 19th, I mentioned to our case worker that we'd like them to check out his left leg/hip for any potential problems.

We received a new video and pictures on the 22nd - they are really on the ball:

And look, his leg is down! (How old are kids when they get their first haircut? Because I seriously think he may be ready soon.)

He looks very pleased with himself. Kind of reminds of me of Jeff (ha ha).

And here is an updated video, which just about kills me with its cuteness:



Some more highlights that you really appreciate after the 5,000th view:
  • 0:06 - Looks at camera and sort of smiles
  • 0:14 - Sleepy?
  • 0:19 - Absolutely adorable look on face
  • 0:23 - 0:30 - "What, you're worried about the left leg? Well, let me show you!"
  • 0:46 - More left leg moving. "Can you stop filming me now, please?"
  • 0:46 - 0:47 - Tongue sticks out. Squirming around and looking cute is hard work.
The doctor was very reassured after seeing this video. Her professional assessment was that he looks great, very alert and absolutely 'adorable'. I'm glad to know that his cuteness has been medically validated!

3 comments:

Gwen said...

I am very happy for you two!!
He is absolutely adorable and very lucky to have you guys as parents.
Good luck!!

P.S. 1. Videos are not available... will try later... Vicki was born premature too (at 29 weeks and weighed under 2 pounds). She is now 7 and ½, and no one can tell that she was a premie. Modern medicine is amazing. No worries.
2. The Chinese character of Kai is 凱 and he is born in the year of Boar (Chinese Astrology).
3. We were at Taiwan when Christian was born. That was my first time back to Taiwan in 19 years. What a coincident!

Gwen

Crystal Dong said...

I can't stop watching the video again and again either. I'm eagerly waiting for more photo and video updates. :)

momanddad said...

Dear Amy & Jeff,

It's easy to see why you fell in love with this little guy. We're anxiously awaiting further updates!

Love to the three of you,