Many people have asked us if we have a name for our son.
I had originally planned on keeping our baby's name a secret until we actually got him. I thought that would be fun to keep it to ourselves for a while, and so I've been telling people it's "Lancelot," which has a certain nice alliterative quality. (Other possible candidates: LeBron, Enrique, Rambo.)
Well, last weekend we went around to share the baby pics with our neighbors. And while we were visiting our neighbors across the street, the husband casually says, "So, the baby's name is XXXX XXXX, right?"
Apparently, Jeff had told our neighbor in a fit of excitement.
Knowing his penchant for opening gifts early, I am actually not surprised that Jeff spilled the beans. And so, after a short period of contemplation I decided that if the Traffords know our baby's name, then it wasn't right to keep that from our parents. And of course, once the parents know, why not siblings, etc.
So, here it is (drumroll please...)
Christian Kai Lehman
The Chinese character for "Kai" comes from his birth name and means "triumphant, victorious". It's not as regal as Lancelot Lehman, but we really like it. I hope he does as well.
Monday, February 25, 2008
And the name is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I really like the name! I'm glad you decided to share it. He is so completely adoprable and I can't wait to view the video, but there is only so much I can get away with at work in my office shared with 5 people.
Wow, you shared his name with all of us! Wow :-) Love his name.. really sweet. And, I love your blog. I'm sooo excited I was able to sign on in China too.
Love,
Libby
I couldn't be happier for you two! I think you will be awesome parents (at least Amy will be there to point Jeff in the right direction)! And I love the name, but how do you pronounce "Kai"?
I haven't watched the videos (will try again from home), but he has one of the sweetest faces ever. :)
Good luck!
Shawna
Love the name! Kai was one of our favorite names but we went with Kyan, however I call him Kai for short, it's so cute!
-Shana
Post a Comment