Friday, July 18, 2008

Look what I can do!

I can hold myself up in a sitting position!

Well, for a little bit...

This is actually pretty huge. Back in the old days (two weeks ago), if you placed Christian in a sitting position he would immediately keel over, head first. Now, he can actually hold himself up for various amounts of time (ranging from a couple of seconds to almost half a minute). Granted, he reminds me of those Olympic weightlifters with the amount of effort he's putting out (you can see the concentration on his face), but we're so proud of him!

And on an unrelated note, I have new respect for (a) professional children's photographers, and (b) the TWCA workers who send the monthly updates of the children. Believe it or not, Christian has this super cute smile that he uses all of the time. But the second you whip the camera out, he's looking the other way or the smile has morphed into something else. Here are a couple of my favorite outtakes:

Fierce!

????
Photobucket

5 comments:

Shana said...

Oh Amy, Christian is really coming along! That is great! I really love that smile. _
-Shana

Cheryl said...

Hi, Jeff and Amy. I haven't been online in awhile, so just got to see your last 3 entries. I can't wait to show this to the kids tomorrow! Christian is beyond cute! It's obvious that you all are having so much fun. Good luck with the solids! Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Amy and Jeff...
Love love love the surprise updates! I am constantly looking for updates and whoo hoo today there's new pictures of your sweet Christian. He is sooooo cute!!! I can hardly believe it's been 2 weeks already. WOW. Congratulations again - as always.
Love,
Libby

Rydley said...

Yay on sitting up! I'm sure it will soon be his favorite position!

Love the bottom photo too - so expressive!

Stefanie said...

What a cutie! Nice sitting, Christian :-) Love the fierce look!