In about three hours, we will drive to the airport for our trip back home. I can't believe that we've made it this far. While this has been an overwhelming and at times stressful trip, I can't begin to describe the incredible experiences that we have also had over the last few days. Taiwan is a beautiful country, and we have truly enjoyed our very small taste of Christian's home culture. I have to admit becoming a little emotional while strolling through the heat and noise of Jiufen, especially when seeing little boys or teenagers, thinking that Christian will soon be leaving his native home. We are so thankful for the gift that we have been given - the opportunity to raise this little boy - and for all the people who have helped us along the way.
And now onto practical matters. Remember Mrs. Elton from Emma, the one with all of the inner 'resources'? Well, not to knock Christian, but he doesn't have a lot of resources for amusing himself. Right now his hands and feet top the list, and don't get me wrong - I admire him because frankly, he gets a lot more mileage out of examining his hands and feet than I would. However, other than that he's not exactly self-sufficient. We also really think he's teething this time, which may be contributing to his Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde split personality. So, all things considered, we are lining up for a very interesting plane ride and trip home, and I wonder if the flight attendants could issue a blanket apology upfront to save time. Stay tuned to see how this all turns out!
Oh yeah, and for those of you who are just here for the pictures, here's a very short clip of Christian from yesterday:
Thursday, July 3, 2008
The final countdown...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Amy,
You have done a beautiful job of blogging your trip-your emotions, your first days of parenting!!
I can't wait to hear you are home, and I will not be surprised at all to hear that your little son was PERFECT on the way home
Praying for strength-fatigue is a definite stressor-but, you are almost home,
you are BOTH DOING GREAT!!
You are wonderful parents
Love ya
Chris
The kids have been watching the video over and over. Main question - why did Uncle Jeff let Christian fall off the chair? :) You all are great and it has been super fun for us to follow your journey! We're praying for a peaceful flight home! Love, Cheryl
Post a Comment