A month ago yesterday, we met Christian for the first time. I can't believe how fast time flies, and yet it seems as though we've had him forever (cliched but true)! We're still learning and adjusting to each other - mostly Jeff and I figuring Christian out. I think Christian realizes that he's the absolute center of the household, and he mostly likes it.
In the month we've had him, Christian has definitely gone through some changes. He's gaining weight (which is a good thing) and becoming a lot more interactive and grabby (which is also a good thing, unless it's my hair). He also went through an extremely short yet memorable phase where he stuck his lower lip out to hilarious effect (hereafter referred to as "The Lip").It's amazing how an almost 7-month old child can look like an old man. This picture really doesn't capture the full effect of The Lip. However, you should imagine something along the lines of this:

We also got him a new and even bigger command center to overstimulate him even more. See the dilated eyes, the blank stare? That's how you know that your command center is doing its job.
We're still working on our sitting (aka The Thing That Christian Hates The Most In The World, Except For Having His Face Wiped, Getting Shots, And Getting His Fingernails Cut). He's becoming very diabolical in his attempts to avoid sitting. Most of the time, he simply locks his legs at the waist so I can't bend him into a sitting position. However, he now has a second weapon in his anti-sitting arsenal: if I manage to get him into an initial sitting position (bottom on floor), he arches his back, crosses his ankles, and uses his arms to leverage himself off the floor (I'm holding his hands of course to get him to sit). It looks as though he's doing some sort of bizarre yoga move.
Today while distracted by the television, he actually sat for a little bit with his hands on his knees, not on the floor! Of course, by the time I grabbed the camera it reverted back to a normal, garden-variety sit.
But it's not all work - we do have lots of fun as well and he's a very happy baby most of the time.
So, in conclusion, it's been a crazy, wonderful month!



4 comments:
Way to go Christian!! You are getting so strong and blowing rasberries is awesome!
He is just beautiful, really!
Ha! Surely a lot going on there. I can just imagine how he is in his command center. :)
You remind me of how special each new moment is. :)
Enjoy!
OMG...he's just too cute!! I love the picture of him "watching" tv!!
Beth
Post a Comment