We had a very full day of sightseeing with the incredibly awesome Mr. Yeh and Alex. Blogettes, every good thing you said about them is true and then some. They were amazing!
They picked us up at 10am and we first went to the Pinglin Tea Museum, where I learned that (a) tea is a lot more complicated than I thought, and (b) everything I have ever done in my meager experience with tea (making it from a bag, drinking it) is pretty much wrong. After the educational part of the tour, we went to the tea room where they made us several delicious types of tea to drink.Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. In particular, we met this nice guy named Steven who was a fellow tourist but incredibly knowledgeable about tea.
Next, they took us to Jungjeng park in Keelung, where we each rang the giant bell three times:
It was extremely hot and humid outside, and poor Jeff was sweating up a storm. Alex, by contrast, looked perfectly fine even though he was wearing jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. Amazing.
They then took us to lunch at... Din Tai Fung! There was a very long line when we got there, but we only waited about 15 minutes before getting a table. We ordered a huge amount of food - fantastic dumplings and chicken soup:
And even though Alex and Mr. Yeh tried to help me, it became apparent very quickly that I completely stink at (a) selecting merchandise worth less than NT$12,000 and (b) 'bargaining' with the shopkeepers. Alex kept on trying to give me hints, but I still was unsuccessful. I finally managed to buy a few things on my cheapskate budget, all of them found by Alex. Mr. Yeh then bought us a few trinkets out of pity for my pathetic performance. I am just not a shopper!
We then walked over to the Flower Market. What amazes me is that they are only open on weekends. I can't believe the amount of work it takes to set this up every week!
Mr. Yeh and Alex were so kind to us. Even though I'm sure that they've done this a million times they were so helpful, friendly, and interested in making sure that we were comfortable and having a good time. It was a fantastic day.
So, now we're back in our room and we can't quite believe that tomorrow we will meet Christian!


4 comments:
What a full day! Sounds a lot of fun. And you will wake up tomorrow to finally meet Christian!
I am in tears thinking of how much you are enjoying this, and how you are going to be blessed by this trip=and how excited you are right now as you get ready to meet Christian-YOUR SON!!
Praise God!
Love ya
Glad you are having such a great time with all the sightseeing!! Enjoy every minute as it will go by in a flash!!! Can't wait to see you guys with Christian.
Beth
Hi, Jeff and Amy! I'm a little slow - just finally realized that you can actually leave comments here. :) Since Nicole and I are still halfway on China time, she reminded us that as she went to bed tonight, you were preparing to go get Christian. Connor prayed today that you would all be healthy. Amen! Zeke asked if we can call you - he wants to tell you all about his broken arm and find out about his new cousin. :) Today we gave both of you and Christian a sign name so that Micayla could understand a little better as we look at your pictures and talk about what is happening in another part of our family. Before dinner she used Christian's sign to remind us to pray for him. :) Can't wait to read about your experience when we wake tomorrow morning! We are all thanking God along with you!! Cheryl
Post a Comment