Today, we got the call from Brenda (our case worker) - Christian is officially ours!! I still can't believe it. Brenda actually had left a message for me at work (unfortunately, I was out consulting at Children's Hospital until 4pm). I returned her call and couldn't remember my cell phone number since it's never on, so I gave her Jeff's number. Because of this, Jeff heard first.
I was fine when Jeff called me and told me the news, but then when I told my coworker (who was in my office at the time) I started crying...and then she started crying, with our bemused male coworker looking on. Somehow, I managed to calm down and focus on work. This is a bad sign though - I predict I will be a complete wreck when we actually meet Christian.
Anyway, our planned gotcha day is June 30 with our AIT appointment scheduled for July 1. I am a bit freaked out because I still need to confirm that our I-171H and fingerprint update made it to Taiwan. Based on other people's experiences, I am a bit nervous that everything made it over correctly. But, we are determined that NOTHING will stop us from getting our son, especially paperwork.
I'm off to run around in circles for a little bit, and then calm down and get down to business!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
We are official!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Amy and Jeff, I am so excited for your wonderful news! You are officially Chrisitian's parents! How great! Best of luck with packing.
-Shana
I'm reading Parents magazine and kept thinking of the good news. The moment finally comes! I'm excited for you. I hope you will have a smooth trip. Can't wait to meet Christian!
Post a Comment