Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I spy...

Things have been relatively quiet lately on the adoption front; our I-600 has been filed and now we're just waiting.  Earlier, we had sent over some small gifts for Jin Ah and the foster mom, along with a translated letter. 

Today, I checked out my friend's blog and noticed this: 

This photo first caught my eye because it gave me an idea of how Jin Ah sleeps (I had heard before that she was "Grandma's roommate" but wasn't sure exactly how that worked).  However, after staring at Jin Ah more closely - specifically, the pink and white blobs on her head - I realized that she may be wearing some of the hair bows we had sent!  Unfortunately, the picture was rather small and blurry, but I was still excited enough by the possibility to email my friend.  She humored me by sending me a slightly bigger version of the picture.  After intense scrutiny, I am finally ready to present the results of my photo analysis:

A.  Mari is definitely wearing the pink and white polka dot hair bows! (See D, which cinched it for me)
B.  The caterpillar/bug rattle is right next to her hand.  This was a last minute addition to the package.
C.  There is the rest of my ziploc bag of stuff!  I can see the photo albums still in there (in particular, look at the curved black and white handle from the baby photo book).
D.  The other two hair bows!
E.  FM is reading a letter.   Based on all of the evidence from A - D I am going to assume that it's ours.
F.  Grandma is opening the package of chocolate buckeyes that we sent.  I wonder what she thought of them??

I'm sure everyone who reads the above list will come to the obvious conclusion: I am a big dork.   But seriously, I am honestly happy to see that our package arrived safely!


2 comments:

Shana said...

I love your photo analysis! So smart of you and so glad you got see her wearing and playing with the things you sent:)

Beth said...

I TOTALLY agree with Shana!!! :-)