This past weekend we received an amazing bonus - a little video of our daughter! I've made some screencaps of the cuteness. Believe me, she's even more adorable in motion:
The Name!
One of the first questions people ask us is, "So, what's her name?"
Christian, being a decisive fellow, quickly zeroed in on "Clayton Gunther Charlotte," a choice which no doubt would have been highly gratifying to his two day care buddies, Clayton Gunther and Charlotte. While we sincerely appreciate his input, we ultimately had to file that suggestion away with "Mack" and "George". Sorry, buddy!
Unfortunately, Mommy and Daddy have had a much harder time coming up with a name that we both liked. I felt extra pressure since one of the forms in our acceptance packet asked for her new name! Our social worker assured us that there was actually plenty of time to come up with one; however, we've finally come to a decision and I want to get it out there so I quit agonizing over it: her name will be Mari Jinah Lehman. Whew!
(FYI, the "Mar" in Mari rhymes with "car")



5 comments:
Beautiful name for a beautiful girl!!
I love her name! Congrats on making the decision!
Love the name! So different with the pronounciation. Great name!
Good lord - is she a cutie. Can't wait to meet baby Mari! Congratulations Amy, Jeff and big-brother Christian!!
I really like the name Amy! I mean, it's no Clayton Gunther Charlotte, but... ;-)
Post a Comment